How To Join Post 150
First, determine if you are eligible to join The American Legion.
There are three ways that you can establish eligibility.
1. You were honorably discharged after serving at least one day of active military duty in either the U.S. Army, the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Marines, or the U.S. Coast Guard during one of the following time periods:
* April 6, 1917 - Nov. 11, 1918
* Dec. 7, 1941 - Dec. 31, 1946
* June 25, 1950 - Jan. 31, 1955
* Feb. 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975
* Aug. 24, 1982 - July 31, 1984
* Dec. 20, 1989 - Jan. 31, 1990
* Aug. 2, 1990 - Present*
2. You were honorably discharged after serving at least one day of active duty in the Merchant Marines during the period Dec. 7, 1941 - Aug. 15, 1945.
3. You are currently serving honorably in either the U.S. Army, the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Marines, or the U.S. Coast Guard.
If you are eligible, print out the Membership Application , fill it in and either mail it or bring it to a Post monthly meeting. You can either leave the name of recruiter blank or fill in the name of a member.
The Post’s address is:
American Legion Post No. 150
P.O. Box 111
Sterling, VA 20167
Enclose a check for $35 made out to American Legion Post No. 150.
* Cessation of hostilities will be determined by the U.S. Government, at which time a date will be added.
Back To Main Page